Let's Partner! Your Facility Program ... Our Books!
Our books provide an inexpensive and caregiver-attractive platform for information about your program. Because we self-publish, we can custom-print our book covers, with your logo and unique information:
(See below for information about each of these award-winning books that can be customized for your specific needs.)
- Front and back cover in color
- 3" x 4" panel with your name and info on the front cover
- Back cover with a color photo and up to 200 words of text.
- Front title page
- Another 3" x 4" panel with wording of your choice
- Optional: 2-4 inside pages with text and photos of your choice.
Price: So inexpensive in bulk that you can give them as gifts or offer them at a "special discount price" at your events.
- Retail Price: $22.95
- Custom Bulk Program: 10 day turnaround from order to receipt (minimum 25 books)
- 25-49 books: $17.50 per book
- 50 or more: $12.50 per book
- Includes free shipping via USPS Priority Flat Rate.
- One-time setup of $20 fee/title
- Optional pages: One-time $5 setup fee/page/title
- Bulk Purchase without customization (minimum 10 books - pricing above)
(Thank you Parkland Memory Care for letting us show your book covers!)
Lewy Body Dementia Specific Staff and Family Education
The Trainers: The Whitworths have been teaching and writing about Lewy Body Dementia for over a decade. They have presented alone and partnered with LBD, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's organizations at international, national, regional and local conferences, in care facilities to both staff and family, to nursing students, and as guest speakers at many caregiver support groups.
- Cofounder of the nationwide Lewy Body Dementia Association
- Surviving LBD spouse with a mission to spread LBD awareness
- Past caregiver with a love of teaching
- Career background in nursing and psychology
- 90 minute family session
- 60 minute staff session
- Cost: $300 for both sessions, plus transportation as needed
- Bulk book discount: $100 per 50 books ordered
The Whitworth's Award Winning Books
Content: Lewy body dementia specific but helpful for all dementia caregivers
- Focuses on the value of a good understanding of the disease
- Offers care options that decrease the need for drugs and improve quality of life.
Target population: Stressed-out but information-hungry dementia caregivers:
- Large, easy-to-read print and easy-to-understand language
- Caregiver stories that connect with readers
- Well-researched facts, resource sections and glossaries
Responsive Dementia Care: Fewer Behaviors Fewer Drugs
Finalist: 2018 Wishing Shelf Book Awards and 2019 IAN Book of the Year
Responsive dementia care Fewer behaviors, Fewer Drugs:
- Knowledge about why the old responses no longer work.
- Attitudes that support rather than ignite.
- Actions that promote compliance instead of resistance.
- Decrease behaviors due to negative emotions.
- Increase positive feelings and thus, quality of life.
- Realistic expectations concerning a progressive disease.
- Behavior management drugs often do poorly with dementia.
- RDC decreases the need for these drugs, allows smaller doses.
Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia
Gold Award Winner: 2015 E-lit Awards
- Can start in Parkinson's and progress into LBD
- Seldom appear as cognitive deficits.
- Hallucinations, delusions and related behaviors.
- Sensitivity to behavior management drugs.
Drug alternatives and companion therapies:
- New communication skills.
- Managing own behavior.
- Alternative therapy options.
Riding a Roller Coaster with Lewy Body Dementia: A Manual for Staff
Just published in November, 2019.
- An updated version of Riding a Roller Coaster with Lewy Body Dementia
- Written by someone who has been:
- Supervisor, nurse and nursing assistant
- Family care partner and paid caregiver
- Sections on the disease, symptoms, behaviors, treatment, more
- Extensive resource and glossary sections
- Great for staff training or for a helpful gift to your caregiver
If you are interested in a custom book program, please fill in the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours to begin the process or feel free to give us a call at 480 628 8356. Thank you for your interest in our partner program. Together we can help both patients and caregivers benefiting everyone concerned.